Welcome!

This blog is the digital space where I reside online. This space is open to students, interested readers, and is a place where I share my adventures in reading, challenge the status quo, present ideas, and share new and captivating finds from the field of education and the wider world -- both on and offline.

I ask that if you have private questions to please email me at my University of Ottawa account rather than post here.

Linda

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Ottawa Citizen Review: A powerful memorial to missing and murdered aboriginal women

Yesterday, I visited Carleton University to see the Exhibit Walking with Our Sisters and it was a powerful experience.  I went with some students from the Urban Cohort and University of Ottawa and we passed through the space, viewing the vamps, pieces of unfinished mocassins.

The exhibit brought back for me the words of poet Chrystos, who said, "my purpose [in writing] is to make it as clear & as inescapably as possible, what the conditions of our lives are" (Not Vanishing, 1988).  The Ottawa Citizen featured a wonderful review of the exhibit including the pictures I've posted here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment